Married At First Church
- The Minister is the Interim Moderator, Rev Heather Kennedy.
She can be contacted through the church office on the contacts
page of the site. Any questions relating to your marriage arrangements
should be directed to her.
You will need to make sure that the church is booked well in advance.
- The Church Officer will be notified of your wedding day and
time by the Minister. They will arrange for the church to be open
and warm ready for your service. Unless otherwise requested they
will play the bells as you leave the church. After the service
they will tidy the building ready for the next service.
- Rose petals, rice and confetti are sometimes thrown as expressions
of good wishes. Since all require to be cleaned up later we recommend
that they be used before the bridal party reaches the foot of
the front steps
- Sherry Shelton is the First Church Organist and will play for
your service. It is a courtesy to contact her ( phone (03) 2128816)
about four weeks before your wedding day and discuss with her
the music you want. To help you with this choice a list of suggested
music is available from the Minister.
- Should you plan to have a solo sung in your wedding service
the soloist can arrange with the organist to accompany if necessary.
Other special music such as bagpipes, trumpets and so on can be
accommodated by arrangement. CDs and DVDs etc can also be played
through the sound system during the ceremony.
- First Church lends itself to the production of a full record
of your wedding. Competent photographers will be able to provide
you with pictures of the whole service without intruding. DVD
or video recordings can also be made but it is recommended that
the camera operator discusses the details with the Minister prior
to the service.
In the event of bad weather or poor lighting family group photographs
may be taken inside the church after the service. This may not
always be possible if another wedding is closely scheduled.
- The First Church Flower Committee arranges flowers each week
but should you wish to decorate the pew ends with ribbons, bows
or flowers they can be put in place the evening before the wedding.
Arrangements will need to be made to remove them after the service.
You may wish to arrange for special flowers for the whole church
- if so please contact the First Church office.
- The First Church Parish Council has determined that the all
inclusive fee for the use of the church for a wedding should be
nz$600. This should be paid by a single payment, or cheque made
out in favour of First Presbyterian Church. This payment should
be made prior to the wedding. A receipt is issued on receipt of